While area rugs can add texture and interest to your décor, when they slide, bunch, and curl they can also be unattractive, annoying, and dangerous. Being able to keep those rugs in place and prevent them from curling and bunching will increase the beauty of these rugs as well as the safety of your home. Ruggies are the perfect accessories for your area rugs.
What are Ruggies
Ruggies are triangular shaped pieces of Polymer material that is specially designed on one side to grip the underside of your rug, and has suction cups on the other side that grip your wood, linoleum, or tile floor to keep the rug from slipping or bunching.
Simply place a ruggie on each corner of a square or rectangular rug or on the curves of a round or oval rug and then press the rug to the floor. If you want to change area rugs simply remove the ruggie, wash in soapy water dry and attach to the new rug and you are good to go.
Benefits of Ruggies
There are several benefits of using ruggies to secure your rugs to the floor. These benefits include:
- Your rug won’t slip on those freshly waxed tile or wood floors. Slipping rugs can cause spills and some serious injuries for unsuspecting guests and members of your household. They pose increased danger to younger children who run through the house. Ruggies hold the area rug into place keeping them from sliding.
- Prevents curling rug ends. Oftentimes thinner area rugs tend to curl on the ends making a tripping hazard for the unsuspecting. Ruggies can keep those rug ends firmly attached to the floor reducing the chances of tripping on the rug.
- Prevents Bunching. A bunched area rug is another hazard that most people would like to avoid and having ruggies hold the corners of the rug firmly in place will keep the rug from bunching causing another tripping hazard.
- Riggies also works on any size and shape of rug, so you don’t have to worry about buying the “correct” size or shape to work with these firm little rug and floor grippers.
- These rug grippers are also reusable, and if they quit gripping then simply washing them will result in the ruggies working like new.
- Ruggies are inexpensive costing only $10.00 plus $7.95 shipping and handling for 8 ruggies or enough to hold two area rugs in place.
Deals on Ruggies
Ruggies come at great price, but if you order from the official website you can get a second set of ruggies for just shipping and handling plus a free surprise gift. Not only do you get a second set of ruggies cheaper, but you get the a surprise as well.